Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Embroidery 101:Block 8


I just finished stitching the Block eight for the Embroidery 101 Quilt Along that I participate at Clover & Violet.   Basically there are nine blocks in total that we need to stitch for a 54" square quilt. Being said so...  it means  just one more block to go before the quilt top finish. 


The most challenging part while stitching this Block 8 was when I stitched the big petals. I used satin stitch with back stitch as the outline... just like Jennie's. I started with the outline followed with the satin stitch... I found it very difficult in filling up the space... in future I will remember to start with the satin stitch first and then the back stitch outline. Anyway it is a good experience ... and I'm happy with the result.



Happy Stiching!!

3 comments:

Jenelle said...

I love everything about this block! From the embroidery to the fabric. Can't wait to see it all together!

Wendy said...

It looks beautiful, I think you did a great job

hafza said...

Thank you for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails