Sunday, May 20, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival


Hi Everyone!!

 

Do you know that Amy Ellis at Amy's Creative Side is hosting the Blogger's Quilt Festival?  This is one of the platform for bloggers from all over the world to share photos of their quilts. This is my first visit and my first time to join and share my quilt with other bloggers.... not my first finished quilt top though but my first and only finished quilt at present.....  My first quilt might be nowhere to compare with all other amazing projects, but I am happy with the result.

My quilt for this Festival is a quilt that I made for my boy...I hand quilted it since my sewing machine is not suitable for sewing thick materials. My boy received an offer to further his study at the boarding school sometime in February.  Since the school is quite far from home,I decided to finish this quilt for him to bring along. 


This quilt was made from scraps of cotton fabric using pinwheel pattern. The finished quilt size was 60" by 72".  This is how the back of the quilt  looks like.


I personalized the quilt by stitching some wording ... the first was  "Work Smarter Not Harder"


and  the second one... "The Future is Always Beginning Now..."


It took me about three weeks to finished  hand quilted it.

 


 I wish each time my boy wrapped with this quilt will make him feels like I am giving him a warm hugs and reminds him of his family.


Ok... that's the end of  my quilt story...There are many more amazing projects and stories behind each quilts shared by other talented sewers quilters over at Bloggers' Quilt Festival. Have fun visiting them and enjoy the quilt show!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
 
 


8 comments:

Pattilou said...

A quilt is a tactile way for your son to connect to "home" while he's away. Great job.

Wendy said...

What a lovely quilt for your son to take to school to remember you by.

CitricSugar said...

I love the messages you incorporating into this quilt - lovely!

Mom said...

Nice quilt!

Check out my blog if you can...

Margaret Gunn
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Ariane said...

What a great gift for your son to take with him!!! Love it!!

Allie said...

I love your son's quilt - pinwheels completely defeat me, lol, I can never get the points right. I love the wording you added! And hand quilting, too, always makes for a snugglier quilt. Beautiful job!!!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful quilt for your son! Stopping by from Sew Many Ways!

FarahLin said...

Lovely quilt, I like what you did with the backing too! Love surfing your blog and looking forward to seeing more! I'm your newest follower. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails