Friday, December 30, 2011

Quilted Hexagon Bag

Hello everyone!

 I have been crazy lately playing with hexagons...in fact I've already prepare a long list of projects that I would like to create using hexagons.  


 Today I am sharing another quilted bag created using hexagons. Since I am not too satisfied with the result (especially the crooked seam)I am not giving this bag away...( initially I plan to sew this as a  gift for my mum).  I will sew another one for my mum with some modification towards the original pattern. 


 I used 28 pieces of 2" hexagons. The design of this bag was inspired from this leather hand bag.


It comes with two internal pockets - one for the cell phone and another with the size of 5" x 6" to keep small items. I used velcro as the bag closure. The is how the inside of the bag looks like.




 
I am sharing this at Sew Lux Fabric & Gifts for December Stitch and Share Challenge.  Click over to their blog and see other projects shared by other talented crafters/sewers. You may also join the fun since the date line will be until 31st of December.

 Wish everyone Happy New Year and Happy Sewing!!

3 comments:

becktovintage said...

This is a very hard work. But you made it so wonderful. I like it.. Best wishes..

hafza said...

Thank you..:)

Unknown said...

This is so cute! You did a great job. Making a purse is on my list for 2012. Thanks for the inspiration! I would love for you to come share this at my party if you have the time. http://www.literallyinspired.com

Hope to see you there!

Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails