Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Weekend Handbag

Hi Everyone!!

I've been working on this handbag for a few weeks now and today I am ready to share the finished handbag.

It was made from three FQ Vintage sheet which I bought from Ironsea Etsy shop. The owner of the shop, Ms. Jeni  was kind enough to put together combination of 10FQ Vintage fabric. I  never use Vintage sheet in making bags before and this is my first.


This is how I did the center of the bag using the scraps from the same fabric.
 

Scraps fabric that I used for the center.


This is how the front bag looks like after the center was done.


It includes with internal pocket for keeping small items.


 The finished size of the main body of the bag is 12"height  x 13" length.  It is a shoulder length handbag using medium weight fusible and the pattern is my own. Like many other bags that designed by me it comes with a curvey bottom. This is the first bag designed by me that comes with a flap.   Here my daughter modelling it to give you an idea of the bag size.


 I am very happy with the result.  I submitting this handbag as my entry to Purse Palooza contest hosted by Sara at Sew Sweetness.  Hop over to Purse Palooza flickr group and see what other talented sewers are doing.

Happy Creating and Sewing!!


2 comments:

FarahLin said...

Hey..I thought those vintage prints looked familiar! I have purchased some sheets from her too. Isn't she helpful!
That bag looks gorgeous, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Cute bag! Makes me want to 'fire up' the sewing machine! :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails