Friday, August 23, 2013

August goal : A Lovely year of Finishes

Part of the 'A Lovely Year of Finishes' post

Hello Everyone!
Yeahh !!  another project  finished...But once again I have to admit that this is just another UFO project that takes me two months to accomplished. It is the goal that I set for July and August for "A Lovely Year of Finishes" which is the Jacob's Ladder quilt top and here is the result.... 

I find that sewing these quilt top is the most difficult to compare with other quilts that I had done before.  There are  many small and tiny pieces that require your patience when sewing them together.  Anyway I love the result even though not perfect but I feel happy that I finished it.
Happy Sewing!
I'm linking  to Fiber of All Sorts for August Finishes. 
A Lovely Year of Finishes

Monday, August 5, 2013

August Finishes #02 : Pin Cushion

Part of the  Stash Buster Challenge post!

Hi Everyone!
Another finishes for the month of August ...a crocheted pin cushion.  The finished size is 2.5"x2.5"x2.5" square.  These are the threads that I used for this project.
This is how the finished project looks like. 
Here it is on my office table together with the mug rug.
My next Stash Buster Challenge project will be using this yarn.
 I'm linking to ...
August Finishes
Happy Crocheting!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Year of Finishes : August goal setting

Hi Everyone!

Once I am setting a monthly goal to accomplish.   Same as previous month I don't make much progress with my July goal.  So for August it  will remain the same goal setting...which is to complete the Jacob's Ladder quilt top...Basically I only have to sew the border to have the top finished and done... time was not on my side.  So here is my progress so far with my last month goal... which I'm looking forward to have it finished in August.
The fabric that I will use for the border.

Happy Sewing!!
I'm linking over at Fiber of All Sort, the co-host of the great party
A Lovely Year of Finishes

August finishes #01 : Notebook covers

Hello Everyone!!

This month I am not only finished stitching one notebook cover but three notebook covers.  The first notebook cover is for my is for a notebook size 9.5" x 6.5".
She specially request to have a pocket at the front cover for her to keep small items. The pocket size is big enough to fit a calculator size. The fabric that I used is Magic Garden by Sabine Reinhart for Blend Fabrics which I've won from a giveaway last year.


The second notebook cover for my son's used the Good Fortune fabric by Kate Spain .  This cover is fit for a cute notebook size 6" x 5.5".  I'm using the left over fabric from the Jacob's Ladder quilt which the top is still a work in progress (will share in my next post soon...)  
I handstitched my son's name(A D A M) at the front
This is how the back looks like
 Following is the third notebook cover that I've made for my third daughter. I used cotton fabric which I bought from the local shop. This is how the finish looks like. I used black polka dot cotton fabric for the background with combination of red and blue color. This notebook cover is fit for a cute notebook size 6" x 5.5".

One common thing with all these three notebook covers are the design. I play with hexagons in designing them ... I love them all.

Happy Stitching!

I'm linking over to ...

a season by hand     August Finishes


Related Posts with Thumbnails