Friday, August 2, 2013

August finishes #01 : Notebook covers

Hello Everyone!!

This month I am not only finished stitching one notebook cover but three notebook covers.  The first notebook cover is for my girl...it is for a notebook size 9.5" x 6.5".
 
 
She specially request to have a pocket at the front cover for her to keep small items. The pocket size is big enough to fit a calculator size. The fabric that I used is Magic Garden by Sabine Reinhart for Blend Fabrics which I've won from a giveaway last year.

 

The second notebook cover for my son's used the Good Fortune fabric by Kate Spain .  This cover is fit for a cute notebook size 6" x 5.5".  I'm using the left over fabric from the Jacob's Ladder quilt which the top is still a work in progress (will share in my next post soon...)  
 
 
I handstitched my son's name(A D A M) at the front
This is how the back looks like
 Following is the third notebook cover that I've made for my third daughter. I used cotton fabric which I bought from the local shop. This is how the finish looks like. I used black polka dot cotton fabric for the background with combination of red and blue color. This notebook cover is fit for a cute notebook size 6" x 5.5".


One common thing with all these three notebook covers are the design. I play with hexagons in designing them ... I love them all.

Happy Stitching!

I'm linking over to ...

a season by hand     August Finishes

3 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I love them, especially the hexie one!

Mara said...

All really cute, I am a hexie addict too!

Elizabeth said...

I love your hexies! Those notebook covers are all so cute! Your fabric choices are so pretty. I think my favorite detail is the pocket on the front of the first one, for holding a calculator. Very clever. Congrats on three great finishes and thank you for linking up!

xo -E

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails